Don't just survive, Conquer!
When I was a kid, my father often told me that tears are very precious. So I always felt that I was the special kid because God gave me a surplus of this salty liquid, which i can produce whenever I want. But there was a glitch here. The tears came only when I cried and I cried only when I was upset. So one day, during my bed time story I asked dad, "why do i get tears only when I cry and why not when I smile?" He gave me an affectionate smile and said, "You get tears even when you smile, when you are very happy, but you get them more easily when you are sad, because God knows that only a valuable thing can make you feel better and take away your pain even without asking anything of you. So save your tears for higher obstacles and use them wisely. " This was the first time I saw a very bewildered look on his face because he knew that as a kid, I could merely relate to what he was trying to explain. However, as time flew by and I grew up, I realized that my father was indeed a very caring yet strong parent. Just to make his daughter strong when she's upset and about to give up, and make her stronger when she knows she's losing but cannot give up, my father put in his best morals and teachings in me. He also told me that only when we survive the toughest, can we conquer the strongest. And this ,no wonder, has been the driving force for me all my life. I've lost a lot at different stages but I've never thought of giving up. In fact, I've survived through it all and learned to conquer the strongest of my fears. Maybe that's the reason I am standing here today. You're achievements don't always mean getting a great job, being happy when you should be sad or competiting against something or someone and winning it. Be intellectual, think stronger not bigger. The day you conquer your fears, you'll surely know the value of tears, sweat and all hurdles you've overcome to be standing straight and dauntless. Don't just sit and cry, cry and let those tears take away that tiredness and pain, because the next step will only take you a step closer to sunshine. Life is not a sponge cake. It's like the dark chocolate that even if attractive and tempting has it's bitterness on point and yet grows on us and makes our conscience its slave. And the only way to end this enslavement is to either throw it or finish it. So be it. So feed this in your system that no matter how hard life is on you, you are here to take no shit. You are here not to survive but to conquer.
Comments
Post a Comment